[LRflex] Re: Leica insolvency temporarily cured.

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:16:57 -0700

David Young askled:
> How is it for flare resistance & barrel distortion???<<<

Heck David I wouldn't know a barrel distortion from a ring tailed racoon!
Even after all these years and I don't re-call anyone showing me barrel
distortion in any of my photographs. However all the  verticals on bldgs
look pretty straight to me. Besides if yer shooting scenic any barrel
distortion probably accents the scene. No? ;-)

"Flare? Where we're going... we have no flare!" ;-)  Now or in the future!
;-) And that said while not using a lens shade at any time! Yep! Too damn
big!.

Besides those Canon lens shade's are so humongous if you stand still long
enough Red Robin's start to build a nest in them. ;-)

ted