[LRflex] Re: Leica 'grade' Super Wides? (was R glass on Nikon question - hopefully the last one)

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:29:57 -0800

Well, I can tell you from experience, don't go the Canon route unless you
have a bunch of Canon glass already.  Metering is not pleasant.  The only
reason I went Canon 3.5 years ago is that at that time it was the only game
in town for mounting R glass, other than the DMR, which is far superior but
would not suit my needs due to size and weight.

Now there are quite a few options, all with the same limitation of stopped
down metering, but I can live with that, and if not, I then use a dedicated
AF lens in those cases.  I was going to wait to see what the new Sigma could
do, but I changed my mind when the D7000 was introduced.  May be a mistake,
but who knows when the Sigma will be out and how good the new Foveon chip
will be.

Aram