[LRflex] Leica 'grade' Super Wides? (was R glass on Nikon question - hopefully the last one)

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 09:16:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Aram,
   I wonder which Leica wide angles (beyond say 24mm) are of premium quality?
My
understanding is that in the R mount the pickings get slimmer as the angles get
wider and looking to a Zeiss or 'whomever' gets to be a reasonable choice. The
M's on the other hand have some splendid 'film' lenses to choose from ranging
from cheep voightlanders to pricey Leica's, but that Digital really put a cat
amongst the pidgeons as far as image quality goes. That the M mount's narrow
lens to sensor distances make color shifts, chromatic abberations, and other
anomalies, a 'right nightmare' to cope with as a lens/camera designer and makes
seamless usage by photog's a near impossibility.
Anyway... what's the options here?

r/.

[---Insert Irony Here---]