[LRflex] Re: [Leica] celebration...

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 22:06:25 -0700

On Apr 6, 2009, at 10:24 AM, JOACHIM KAHATOWSKY wrote:

Where are you in Louisianna?

I'm in Northern California, though I claim some Louisiana ties because my parents met while at Tulane in New Orleans in 1920 or so.

A second thought about the vinyl tape fix for one R4 seal:

When one elastomeric seal, o-ring, or component like a hose fails, as a general rule, I believe all similar components should be replaced. It is the wise thing to do. For critical applications, routine replacement before any failures occur is of course the best plan.

Bill