[LRflex] Re: Leica books

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:54:14 -0800

Dr. Jeffrey L. T. von Glück offered:
Subject: [LRflex] Leica books

> While sitting out the blizzard, I found two other books that were
> favourites of my late grandfather: Basic Leica Technique, by R.H.
> Bomback (1954), and Die Leica in Beruf und Wissenschaft, by H. Stöckler
> (1941). It's great to read through them 50-60 years later and see how
> much is still relevant today to a film user. I'm sure neither author
> could have ever fathomed the digital revolution.<<<

Hi Dr. Glück,
How about someone who's first picture was published  17 September 1951 and
published every year since? Along with three medical books and a bunch of
other stuff and how I feel about the incredible advances during those 60
years?

And about to be published in a new feature series beginning next month in
the local newspaper weekend feature section. :-) Well I'm only in my 82nd
year so why not? ;-).

It is interesting what was written way back then, but let me assure you it
truly is an amazing experience to have lived through it and learning to
learn and live with it today and still advancing. :-)

cheers,
Dr ted. :-)

tedgrantphoto.com