[LRflex] Re: Leica back in the black

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:05:34 -0500

On 27-Nov-10 10:53 PM, Doug Herr wrote:
> Captain Billy wrote:
>
> I've always wondered if some camera makers do the same thing but I don't
> think anyone would admit to it. I think of the myriad of point and shoot
> cameras of many brands and cannot help but wonder.
> <<<
>
> IIRC there are firmware hacks for some of the lower-end Canon DSLR cameras to
> activate hidden features.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento

Doug,
    I have no doubt of that whatever.  This is done even in
Flight Management Computers, and pilots fool with undocumented
combinations of buttons trying to get options their lines
haven't paid for.

--
  Charlie Falke                                        _____      /\
  "One test result is worth                       |    |/        `o
    one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun  0  N4003M
  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein