[LRflex] Re: Leica S2 in hand

  • From: "Peter M.C. Werner" <pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 06:18:29 +0200

> Yup ...The S2 is supposed to be available in the spring of 2009, with
> the R10 rumoured to be available (announced?) by the late summer of
> 2009.  Still time to save your pennies!

David Farkas in his blog, http://dfarkas.blogspot.com/ said the R10 would most
likely be coming early 2010.

That pushed me to just buy a Nikon D700, as I did not want to wait that long.
Apart from the Leica R (and M) lenses, I still have numerous Nikkors that had
been laying dormant for years. Even the very old ones I had bought for my first
Nikon F nearly 50 years ago are working fine on it, including focus
confirmation, and I am very pleased with the results.

I still have the R9+DMR, but carry it around less and less because of its
weight.

For traveling, I have now adopted the M8. Most of the time I use the fabulous
Nikkor 4/20mm of 1974 vintage bought second hand on ebay. Being a retrofocus
design, it suffers less from the magenta cast problem and I do not have to use
an IR-filter.

Cheers,

Peter M.C. Werner
Bursins, Switzerland