[LRflex] Re: Leica R8 2X Magnifier Finder??

  • From: Kevin Willey <kevinwilley@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 17:16:18 +0200

Arman,

Thank you for the time to provide a thoughtful response. As a result, I will hold off.
Kevin

On May 27, 2009, at 10:21 PM, Aram Langhans wrote:

Hi Kevin. I have that finder and it is great for what it was designed do to. It is a right angle finder so it works well when I am taking pictures of flowers or low lying things. That way I don't have to bend the knees as much and can look through the viewfinder. It is of excellent quality and does indeed make focusing easier when set to 2x.

However, for general purpose photography, this is not the tool for you, in my opinion. You would be treating your R8 as if it had a waist level finder like a Rollei or Haselblad. Not for fast shooting.

Hope this helps you decide if this device is for you.

Aram