[LRflex] Re: Leica R zoom lens 28mm -90mm

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:12:17 EST

Brian,
For what it's worth, this appears to have been one of Leica's "Unobtanium"
lenses that had been built in incredibly limited numbers and for whatever
reason, defies explanation. Creations such as these are what will eventually
lead to
Leica's demise!

Why create something that so very few can even afford to buy, because it'll
eventually drive them to brand "C" or "N".

I'm not downgrading the performance of this and other limited availability
Leica lenses, rather I'm ststing an opinion that their present financial
position is greatly due to their own creation. Unfortunately in todays
"disposable"
world climate, it is nigh impossible to maintain Leica's position of "super
limited availability" and hope to survive. The majority of the purchasing world
wants something that they can reasonably afford and get their hands on, RE: the
Leica DMR back. "The consumer world waits for no-one, not even Leica"

If this sounds like I'm anti-Leica, I'm far from it. I thoroughly enjoy my
Leica's and I'll pass them down to my son and daughters when I can no longer
effectively use them. I just hope that there is still a Leica Camera Company
around so that they can obtain other equipment pieces as I have.

Just a thought

Art Tafil
natstek@xxxxxxx