[LRflex] Re: Leica R to Oly E3...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:48:26 -0700

On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:16 AM, David Young wrote:

Steve Barbour asked:

Does anyone by chance, know how to get an audible focus confirmation
signal, with this setup ?

Hi Steve!

Go MENU > Wrench 1 > Wrench D (DISP/ >>>/PC)
First it is the Beep.  Use right arrow to select ON/OFF toggle.

the beep works with Oly Zuiko auto lenses but apparantly not with the
focus confirmation adapter and leica R lenses...

Not yet, Steve. My FC adapter is still in the post. I'll let you know what I find, as soon as it arrives.

Good Mornin' Steve!

My adapter arrived in this morning's post. I immediately put the Leitz Telyt 400mm on the Lympa E3 and toggled the "beep" to "on", as above. Sure enough... It beeps when the image comes into focus and the little green light continues to light up!

fantastic... I am going to recheck all my settings...

Note, that I am using the Spot metering and the central focus point only (normal area).

I'll let you know...

Curiously, the small, red square which lights up when focus is achieved, when using an Oly lens, flickers briefly when the shutter button is pushed part way down, but does not light, when focus is achieved, when using the adapter.

Not sure why your E3 won't beep, unless it has to do with the adapter. I got mine, on OhBoy, as well.

I got it e-bay from paypal    Jin Rong...

please send me the link for yours...

Please try again, and if no joy, write me, off list, with all your settings. Perhaps I can help.

let you know, thanks,

Steve

Steve

"I never wanted to be famous"