[LRflex] Re: Leica R to EOS adaptors ... alternative brands.

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:13:00 -0400 (EDT)

Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> One thing I find interesting here is that for a few dollars more you can get
> an adapter, click it on lens or into camera body and it works perfectly.

I hadn't thought much about this before but I agree with Ted.  Think about
it... why did you pay the big bucks for the Leica lens?  An inexpensive adapter
saves a few bucks at purchase but if it's going to become wobbly or work loose
or not hold the lens securely it's going to become the weak link.  Knowing
first-hand what a repair bill is like after dropping a lens onto pavement the
few bucks save doesn't seem worth it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com