[LRflex] Re: [Leica] Photos of M8

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 09:10:37 -0700

On the LUG, Doug Herr drooled...

>And the R users among us can't help but wonder what the R10 will
>be... if they can cram the digital guts into an M, I'll bet they can
>do the same to the R8 body shell.  What's the emoticon for drooling
>with anticipation?
>
>Doug Herr

My "spies" tell me that the R10d (which, I understand, is to be
Leica's next project, if the M8d (or whatever it's to be called) is a
success) is to be built in an R8/9 shell, but with all the film guts
removed, so that all the DMR stuff will fit into the shell... should
be no big problem. Rumour has it that focus confirmation is planned, as well.

The R11d (assuming both the M8, M8 and R10 are successes) is to cram
it all into a smaller, R4-through-7 size shell.

Drool on, my friend!