[LRflex] Re: Leica Olympus E-330 DSLR "Lympa" web log

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:44:07 -0800

Gary Todoroff wrote:
> Sorry on my prior post for the wrong heading  - just a wrong-*headed* use of
> the reply function. Here's the e-mail again with proper subject line.
>
> I've posted to the LUG, but would like to let the LRflex list know about my
> new web log regarding the Olympus E-330 DSLR with adaptation to Leica R
> lenses. In fact this R reflex list is probably more appropriate given that
> this new camera with Live View is a revolutionary approach to the Digital
> SLR, rather than the M rangefinder.
>
> There have been Leicanons and other SLR bodies adapted to Leica R lenses,
> but never before have we been able to put a Leica R lens on a DSLR and look
> at the scene in the LCD *before* taking the photo. After a few name
> suggestions on the LUG, "Lympa" seemed the simplest moniker for this new
> camera/lens combo.
>
> I haven't been able to get out and shoot this week with the new E-330, but
> my blog has some photos of it with Leica lenses attached and some photos
> from my original Olympus, the C-8080WZ, which impressed me so much with
> Zuiko lenses and Olympus is general.
>
> Would appreciate any comments about the Lympa blog at:
> http://www.northcoastphotos.com/Lympa.htm
>
> Gary Todoroff

Hi Gary!

I would be interested in seeing some full size images from your Oly
4/3rds system.   The advantage of 4/3rds is it's small sensor ...
smaller than any other dslr.  It's drawback is that same, small sensor.

I know that Leica has endorsed 4/3rds, but that is because Panasonic is
launching their dSLR, which is made by Oly.  Whether Leica made lenses
will ever appear for 4/3rds cameras is something which only time will tell.

I found the LeicCanon  to be quite good (though not as good as the
DM-R).  And, it sounds as if you're pleased with your Lympa and that's
great!   But, please, show us some shots in a size that we can hope to
evaluate.

Cheers!

David.

Logan Lake, BC