[LRflex] Re: Leica Newbee-Phx's R8

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:33:44 +0200

Kevin Willey wrote:

Miha and Philippe,

Thanks for the welcome and advice.  Kevin

On Mar 31, 2009, at 10:20 PM, Miha Golobic wrote:

Welcome Kevin!
I sold my Nikons and bougt my first Leica (R3Mot) from Philippe (Philippe, you should advertise your R8 from time to time :-)), and a Leicaflex SL. All in less than 6 months after I've joined this list. It's addictive :-)

Well, I'm in Paris on Friday and won't be able to post :-D
Amitiés
Philippe

Should you have any questions regarding Leica reflex cameras (I've had many), this is surely the right place to ask and share. Many Connoisseurs here to help. Best,
Miha

2009/3/31 Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx <mailto:philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>>

    Kevin Willey wrote:

    Hello,

    I have been looking at your pictures w/comments for a couple of
    weeks on this forum.  This may be the wrong place to ask, but I
    just purchased a used Leica R8 and a Leica-R 35mm F2.0 lens
    (1982 vintage).  I bought both on ebay.  I had purchased a Leica
    R4 but a camera repair store in The Netherlands told me the body
was a complete wreck.

    Pity, I had one for you ...

    So I bid on the R8 which I just purchased yesterday and have yet
    to receive via mail.  Question:  can I just attach the lens to
    the R8, focus, and set aperature/speed based upon light meter
    readout in viewfinder and shoot?

    Yes you can. ;-)
    I do that with mine.
    Wonderful to have a newby on board, welcome Kevin.
    Bien cordialement from old Europe
    Phili^^e

    I have used a Leica Digilux 2 for three years and I enjoy the
    camera immensely, but I want to do black and white and I don't
    like the shutter delay.  Also shooting Hasselblad 500CM, but
    just learning that as well.  Decided I wanted a 35mm for
    flexibility.

    Cheers,
    Kevin

    On Mar 30, 2009, at 10:35 PM, Marc Dufour wrote:

    So much nature, there:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Marc/La+Palma_001/ Cheers,
    Marc