[LRflex] Leica Newbee

  • From: Kevin Willey <kevinwilley@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:36:26 +0200

Hello,

I have been looking at your pictures w/comments for a couple of weeks on this forum. This may be the wrong place to ask, but I just purchased a used Leica R8 and a Leica-R 35mm F2.0 lens (1982 vintage). I bought both on ebay. I had purchased a Leica R4 but a camera repair store in The Netherlands told me the body was a complete wreck. So I bid on the R8 which I just purchased yesterday and have yet to receive via mail. Question: can I just attach the lens to the R8, focus, and set aperature/speed based upon light meter readout in viewfinder and shoot?

I have used a Leica Digilux 2 for three years and I enjoy the camera immensely, but I want to do black and white and I don't like the shutter delay. Also shooting Hasselblad 500CM, but just learning that as well. Decided I wanted a 35mm for flexibility.

Cheers,
Kevin

On Mar 30, 2009, at 10:35 PM, Marc Dufour wrote:

So much nature, there:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Marc/La+Palma_001/

Cheers,
Marc