[LRflex] Re: Leica Minilux

  • From: Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 20:42:50 -0500

Very nice camera.  I had one for a while.   Kind of dense (heavy) for the
size and function.  Very fine lens.  I wish I could find an online example
of my shots, but I really liked it.  It is getting long in the tooth, and if
something goes wrong, I doubt there are spares, I don't think Leica supports
it, as it was really a Panasonic partnership camera.

2010/8/9 "Dr. Jeffrey L. T. von Glück" <jgluckphoto66@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> This is non-R related, but I'd like anyone's thoughts.
>
> My wife's old 35mm AF Ricoh P&S is giving up the ghost. I was thinking
> of getting a second-hand Leica Minilux, not the zoom model but the
> earlier one with the 40mm fixed focal length lens.
>
> What has anyone's experience been with that camera, if any? (The old
> Ricoh beater had a 35mm lens, but I don't think the 40mm lens narrower
> angle of view will make much difference to her.)
>
> It will be for use when she wants something compact for her purse,
> rather than taking one of the Ms or Rs along.
>
> Thanks to all.
>
> Jeff Glück

>   http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/

Regards,