[LRflex] Re: [Leica] IMG: A cold day and winter tyres

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 20:13:49 -0700

At 02:59 PM 23/10/2010, you wrote:
>Thanks for taking a look, George,
>the office is amazing inside too - unfortunately it's
>so piled high with stuff in there that it wouldn't be
>possible to take a picture unless I get myself a
>fish-eye lens

Hi Douglas!

Your comment about the piles in "the office", reminds me of the
Princess Machine Shop (now long gone), on (where else?) Princess
Street, in Victoria, BC.

Many, many years ago, friends and I walked by one scorchingly hot,
summer day.  The windows were grimy for 40 years of  what used to be
dust, grease, etc, and was now simply "patina".  Through these 10x ND
filters (a.k.a. widows) you could barely see an old roll-top desk
piled to overflowing with papers .. .the sort of scene normally only
found in a movie or, more likely, a cartoon.

On the door was a sign ...

"ON STRIKE!  Demanding higher wages, shorter hours,  more (or at
least some) profits...
Negotiating at the lake."

BTW, your pictures are great, too!

Cheers!