[LRFlex] Re: Leica DMR

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:45:02 -0700

Dave Saalsaa offered:
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Leica DMR

What I mean is look at the advancement of the Canon DSLRs in just one year . I have no doubt that the Leica DMR is a very fine piece of equipment and I would love to have one to play with for a while but in a couple of years the price of the competition will most like come down and quality go up just like in computers. I am quite happy with the quality of the prints I am getting with my Canon 20D and Leica lenses at the price I paid. Is it as good as a Leica DMR? I should hope not at that price.<<<

Hi Dave,
Picked-up a "rumour?" yesterday about a new Canon coming shortly, 12mgp about the size of the 20D or slightly larger, but smaller than biggie pro machines!

And the best part?  It'll be about $3000. USD.s

I looked around the net and couldn't find anything. But it seems a number of the MASTERFILE stock agency photographers have some scuttlebutt about it as they nearly all shoot digital and big Canon machines.

So they're quite excited about it being cheaper and 12mgp. Damn it's wonderful when a rumour starts and the world spins ! ;-)

ted