[LRFlex] Leica DMR

  • From: "Gary Pinkerton" <gpinkcp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:53:15 -0500

Isn't it really too early too pass concrete conclusions on the DMR?
Does anyone have their very own DMR?
Haven't all tests so far been done with prototypes, etc?
Viewed on who knows how many different computer configurations?
One thing I've noticed over the years is that Leica lens don't always get the
best write-ups from reviewers when doing 'tests'. But the photos [usually] bear
out the fact that they are top notch, when used in real world situations.
The DMR may be in a similar situation.
The DMR units are very expensive, but what brand new Leica product isn't ?
If I were a pro, or had loads of R gear anyway, I wouldn't think the price too
out of line.
Anyway, this is all pretty interesting stuff.
I enjoy all the images you guys put on this forum and look forward to more of
them with whatever you take them with.
GaryP