[LRflex] Re: Leica 500mm f/8 MR-Telyt-R

  • From: "Axel Collier" <axel.collier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:21:52 +0100

Thank you again Doug
sorry about the link, this morning it worked, dont know what is wrong with that
site... It is the story of a DMR user who works also with D3 and the 500mm
miror lens and he liked the results. But it is of course only one opinion. Most
people do not seem to like the miror lens.
That is also the case for the nikon if i can believe this
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/5008.htm
(hope this link works ;-)  )
About the Leitax 400mm 6.8:
http://www.leitax.com/conversion/leica/Telyt_400-560/index.html
  "But lenses newer than head number 2380541 can have different cams that will
not be compatible with the Leitax mount.
  Please check your lens, has it  the same cam as in these instructions
pictures?"
Guess the 400mm 5.6 might be better alternative ?
Greetings, axel