[LRflex] Latest PC catastrophe update

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:09:47 +0100

Hi, David
More drastic than at first glance - my PC therapist just rang - now the processor fails after 15 minutes running (overheating?) too - I've now decided to have a brand new Wortmann Terra Workstation (modified slightly to suit my needs) so it's going to be a moderately expensive job - but at least it has 3 years guarantee and doesn't contain all the bits and pieces usually only used by gamers. So what's on the way is 2 x 500GB drives (one is a mirror of the other, so effective space of 500GB), 2GB RAM, dual core processor, lots of USB sockets and a whole load of highly technical stuff that's made up of letters and numbers where I've no idea what it means.
Will hopefully arrive at the beginning of next week.
Cheers
Douglas

David Young wrote:

Hi Douglas!

Hmmmm... sounds drastic (read: expensive) but I hope it all comes out, OK, in the end.

I was going to come on, this AM, and wish all a Happy Valentine's Day ... but it sounds more as if you've been to the St. Valentine's Day Massacre!

At least you're "on the air". Pictures can wait. (We're a patient bunch!)

Here, it's been so cold that I've taken few photos for a couple of months ... certainly nothing worth sharing! But, March is coming, and I can hardly wait! I'm getting "cabin fever"!

Good luck with your PC!