[LRFlex] Re: Last of the 32 below photos...

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 16:20:27 -0800

on 1/9/05 10:30 AM, David Young at dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> OK... so I exaggerate!  The lens froze at -32! It has warmed up to a quite
> balmy -24c by the time I shot this one.
>
> Same problem as with his mate... very little dof using the 400/f6.3 wide
> open at about 20 to 25 feet!  His eye is sharp, but this feathers, all
> fluffed out for the cold, are fuzzy.
>
> www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
>
> As always, comments appreciated, criticism grudgingly accepted. ;-)
>
> Thanks for looking.

I would sure like to see a better scan of this.  I'd love to have had the
opportunity to photograph this species.  IMHO the photo of the male is
better than the photo of the female 'cuz his body is parallel to the film
plane so more of him is in the plane of focus.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm