[LRflex] Last Reminder: Leica Akademie and M8 in Seattle Area

  • From: Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:10:19 -0800

Ralph Hagenauer will host a two-evening event on November 6th and 7th
from 18.30 to 21.00 each evening.

11/6:  "The Exciting New World of Leica Digital Photography" will
include digital basics, photo techniques and what is uniquely Leica in
the digital space.

11/7:  "M digital Photography and Capture One software.

Contact Kenmore Camera, 425.485.7447 to reserve a seat and obtain the
Secret Navy hotel/driving instructions for this event (too big for a
camera store, I'm told).

I received my confirming phone call this morning (Saturday).  See you
there!

Bob in (a very, very, very wet) Seattle.

By the way:  Got my slides back from Ivey; they're overnighting at
Costco for High Res scan to CD off the new Frontier System.  Shot with
the R9 with 28-90 ASPH and 70-180 APO.  Mostly fall color at the
University of Washington Aboretum on a glorious, clear, ISO 1000 day.
I louped them on my light table and I am now a Believer in Kodak's
Ektachrome 100 VS for landscapes.  Colors are spot on as I saw them
through the viewfinder.  I just don't see how you can beat well-exposed
chromes for "pop" and that crazy, three-dimensional look.

(This film not recommended for portraits, people shots due to
saturation).

I'll post some pix next day or so - CD will be ready some time tomorrow
(Sunday).

On Nov 4, 2006, at 14:04, David Young wrote:

At 04/11/2006, you wrote:

> First and foremost, thanks to David Young for posting the Italian PDF
> on his website so that everyone can enjoy the pictures, and to John
> Scocca for attempting to translate it into English.
>
> When I heard that Camera West was hosting a Leica event in the
> Monterey area, I thought that there was a strong likelihood they would
> do the same in the SF Bay Area....and surfing to the Keeble and
> Schuchat website validated this hunch - so for those of you near to
> Palo Alto, the "M8 and More" Leica road show continues.....!   See:
>
> http://www.kspphoto.com/media/event_data/leica/Leica_card.pdf
>
> I'm going to try and show up for sure ;-) !
>
> "Sunny 16" to all,
> Eric Chan
> ------

Boy!  Ralph is a busy boy, these days!   He's in Vancouver, BC,
Canada on the 9th, and in San Francisco on the 10th and 11th.

See: http://www.leoscamera.com/leica_demo_day_nov9_2006.jpg

I wish I had Ralph's frequent flyer points! :-)

I do know one thing... The M8 is the slickest digital camera I've
ever seen.  The digital bit doesn't get in the way of true
photography.   If I could figure out how to put my 400 Telyt on it,
I'd go for it!  And please, don't remind me of the Visoflex.  It
works, but... well...it's a Visoflex!

Even if you're not "M" oriented, it's well worth a  "look see", if
you find Ralph and his "travelling Leica show" near you.