[LRflex] Re: Last Night...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:24:48 -0800

At 21/02/2008, you wrote:
David, these are delightful! I thought about photographing but it was too chilly for me:-). Thank you for sharing these...
Roberta

Good Morning, Roberta!

I guess it depends on what you consider "too" chilly! Here, it was a spring-like -2C (28.4 in the USA), at the time. Really, not bad with a light jacket.

It helps if you live, as I do, in a small town without too much light pollution. Thus, I could shoot from my back deck, comfortably ensconced in a chair, with a rum & coke at hand.

Actually, there was a problem with light pollution, but only intermittently, as neighbours with p&s cameras fired their flashes. ;-)

What surprised me the most was that I had to set the exp. over-ride to a full three stops under, to get the moon to look right!