[LRflex] (LRflex) Shopping Frustration

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:46:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello List,
   my name's Richard and I'm still new here, but it seems like a nice group of
users here. I have received some nice comments about the Image I posted a link
to on the list to an image I shot with my Zeiss Pancolar on my 20D.
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3522/3267824103_9f55579064_b.jpg) Since I'm not
yet a member of the "R" ownership club as of yet, I kind of felt a need to
establish having some Chops as a Photographer if I'm going to be posting around
these parts.
   As for "Shopping Frustration": I simply want to ask about any tips or info a
list member might be able to pass along because, so far, the only thing I've
been able to get with months of searching eBay, the 'Net, and Locally, for 'R'
equipment is a terrible case of Shoppers Frustration. Everything I encounter
seems to be outlandishly expensive limited editions, collectors items, and f0.0
Niche Lenses on the top end and the bottom end are all pricey near mint
condition stuff commanding premium prices. Where the heck can I find the stuff
someone's actually USED, that has wear on the outside, cleaning marks and
(Heaven Forbid!) even a scratch in the coating. The "3 Cam" & ROM Lenses (?did
I say that right?) might be the latest greatest, I surmise, but there must be
something usable about those  1 cam or 2 cam lenses, too, isn't there? I'm
willing to try em! Sigh.
   I will admit my budget is narrower than I would prefer to pick up an R lens
or two, but it is 'enough' and if I'm willing to accept cosmetic conditions and
even potential cla issues, it seems rather ___<insert cursing adjective>___
that I'm not encountering stuff like that out in the marketplace.
   Thanks for letting me Vent LRflex members. I'll find something to acquire.
Imagemaking has always been an expression of my heart and quite rarely a source
of income. Since becoming disabled, it's become an especially treasured
activity because now that it isn't a casual endeavour anymore, just coming away
with snapshots isn't very fulfilling.  :-)

Sincerely
Richard W.

West Michigan, USA

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.
~•~
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" Wayne Gretzky
~•~
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows or Gates?
~•~
It's okay to be stupid. Just don't be gung-ho about it.