[LRflex] Re: LRflex] Re: Adaptall-2 Lens on a Leica R4

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:15:32 EST

Hey Guys,
Let me add my two cents worth to this discussion.

I've used Tamron adaptall & adaptall 2 mounts in the Leica R4 mounts several
times in the last 20 years and I can definitely tell you that there IS A GREAT
DIFFERENCE in the mounts. Some will work with R4 & up to R7's BUT, not work
on R3's????????

It appears that this has to do with the "cam" (arm/lug) spring pressure. I
had one that would work on an R3 Safari that I had, but no way would it meter
within 2~3 stops of where it should have been on an R4 & R5 at the time. I had
to "Jury-rig" or "Art-ize" a separate set of springs so that I could
interchange them, depending on the body that I planned to use!
Talk about "A pain in the posterior"! I still have the Tamron lenses, since
they were unusual and wonderfully performing lenses, but I now only use them on
my Nikons, Pentax LX, and a Rollieflex SL35E (Now there's a "moldy oldie"
with some serious quirks!!

Just some observations,

Art Tafil
natstek@xxxxxxx