[LRflex] Re: [LRflex] OT parameters�..

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:24:55 -0800

Good Evening, Steve!

My experience has been that people on the web will steal anything and
everything.

The only defence is to keep the images small, lower the jpeg resolution when
posting AND put a watermark across the center (or key element) of the photo.

I post mine as 70% quality jpegs, no larger than 450 pixels on the longest
side.

Take a look at my site, and you'll see.  Even then, I'm sure they've been
pilfered, but not in a re-saleable state.

www.furnfeather.net.

The only good thing about watermarking, is that you can do it at 50 or even 40%
opacity, allowing the image to show through.  This works well, as it is not as
disruptive to the viewer, but more difficcult for the thief to work around.
And when they do, they still have a small image that won't stand up to any
enlargement.

Before I took all three measures, I found that even my own family would steal
my images!  (S'truth!)

Good luck!

David.