[LRflex] Re: [LRflex] [LRflex] alzheimers residential careà..

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:44:08 -0700

On Mar 28, 2013, at 9:24 AM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good Morning, Steve!
>
> I really like the shot of Ross. A great capture.
>
> For me, having had several relatives with Alzheimer's, I find the "pregnant"
> shot a little distressing, but a shot well worth taking.

yes it's distressing, heartbreaking in fact,  but that is the nature of this
disease....

> How are you liking the XE-1?  In particular, how do you find the EVF, which is
> supposed to be heads above the run-of-the-mill 1.44md units?

I at first missed an optical vf, now that I am used to the EVF and I am using
it for manual focus with leica M lenses and the Fuji M adapter, with the
available magnification to aid in focussing, it's very rewarding. Never have I
found focussing so easy and consistent, not even with my M6, M7, M8, M9 and I
wonder how it will function with R lenses, very good I reckin.

> Reports I've seen indicate that it's better than the porro-mirror
> (porro-prism)
> finders found on less expensive SLRs, but not so good as a decent optical slr
> finder.  How would you rate it?

you will focus, I believe, better with the XE1, than with the rangefinder on M
cameras, and the same or better than with SLR's as well....

(I have in the same way used the XE1 with the Noctilux at f1 and the Summilux
75mm at f1.4, with wonderful reproducible sharp focus)

best,

Steve