[LRflex] Re: [LRflex] IMGs: A wonderful dining experience.

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 19:45:19 -0700

But then when I visited my Grandparents, who still lived in the 'old
neighborhood,'
in the 1950s, when we were 5, 6, 7 years old, my cousins and I would go and
lay pennies on the railroad tracks.
We'd also shovel coal into the roaring furnace.

How many parents or grandparents would consider this 'safe' behavior for 5 -
8 year olds today?<<<<
===================   ====    =====
Hi George,
Well I didn't have grand parents in Canada , ony one in the UK. And never got to meet her as my grandmother, on dad's side. passed away long before I could go across the pond.

HOWEVER!

Coal and furnaces and taking ashes out? Putting pennies on the railway
tracks!!!!!! I'm yer man! did that many many times. All of those boys things.
But it does seem it was in a different world far far away! :-)

But it was a time wasn't it? :-) :-) :-) I look back and the times I do, I
wonder how the heck did I ever survive climbing trees and falling out
without breaking a bone, falling off my three wheeler bike, obviously
without a Helmet! Nor safety things of any kind?  But it was a time where we
kids played the streets, roller skating and roller-ball hockey,\. Hide and
seek and all kinds of kids things considered un-safe for children of today.
:-(

And we were always talking to each other!   "AS WE WALKED AND TALKED DOWN
THE STREET GOING TO SCHOOL!" And we did it side by side, our words face to
face as we did so!

But then that was in the other world far far away!  Wasn't it?  :-)

cheers,
ted