[LRFlex] LFI vs. Viewfinder

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:40:24 +0100

Charles and David respectively wrote:

Wow! That is a lot of cash for 6 magazines.

Yes, it *is*  a lot of money. However, it is also a fine magazine.

I have not yet subscribed, but I am thinking about it, hard!

If you think that's expensive, you should try the quarterly publication of the Leica Historical Society of America (LHSA). It's called Viewfinder, and even Leica freaks like me who use both Ms and Rs find its content a bit of a curate's egg. It's pretty light on R stuff, but David is trying to do something about that with a series of R articles which have yet to see the light of day. On Ms it's pretty solid. As it also caters for collectors, you occasionally get fascinating articles on all the different designs of Leitz lens caps etc. Not my cup of tea, but 'chacun a son gout'

The side benefit, as David has pointed out elsewhere, is that if you go to the LHSA gatherings, you meet an awful lot of pleasant and knowledgeable people. Sadly, as I live across the Pond, I've only managed the one in Victoria, but thanks to David's organisational abilities coupled with some really fine weather, that was voted 'best ever' by all and sundry.

Best

Alex
--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
       +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@xxxxxx
Also: corkflor.2@xxxxxxxxxx (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019
   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm