[LRflex] Re: LEICA R4 AND R8

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:24:06 -0600

Hola  José,

> At 06/12/2006, you wrote:
> Dear Leica friends;
>
> 1) Someone can help me where can I find a good report of these
> cameras inside internet ?

This list is probably the best source of information for Leica reflex
cameras, as most questions can be answered directly by a number of list
members, and they can also provide pointers to more extensive information.

> What is your opinion about the Vario Elmar 28-70 and 80-800 may be
> manufactured by Kyocera or Sigma ????? in Japan

I have this lens in ROM version, and find it to be quite acceptable. Some
give it a less glowing review than other lenses, though I can't explain
their opinion from my experience. Unfortunately, I don't have an
equivalent focal length lens to compare it with (such as Leica's 35-70),
so I can only speak of its "stand-alone" performance or compare it with my
longer focal length lenses, the 100mm APO and the 180/2.8 (non-APO). The
28-70 is much lighter than either of those lenses, so I presume it has
less "glass" (perhaps none?). Still, it has the solid Leica focus and zoom
feel and images from it are of competitive quality, which is what really
matters.

regards,

Neil Gould