[LRflex] Re: Keeping warm in Korea-Greetings

  • From: "George A. Furst" <gfurst01568@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:27:28 -0500

Dear Eric, I really enjoyed your photos of the palace complex in Seoul. You
have a real talent for framing pictures carefully. For me the beauty of Korea
is the landscape with mountains reaching to infinity. I really want to be more
involved in the group, and I do read and admire the photos too but my teaching
job is very demanding and I am not good with scanning photos for the computer.

I have been somewhat active in the Leica Club here but they are into
rangefinder (M Camera) photography. There are about 17,000 members in the club
and I am the only foreigner. My goal for next year is to scan my negatives and
post some of my pictures in this forum. I have lived here for over 6 years but
spend summers in Romania where my wife teaches. Koreans all have floor heating
here and we live in an old house in the center of Daejeon. If anyone comes to
Korea I would love to have a visit and go on a photo shoot with you. I just
purchased a SL2 from a forum member and look forward to posting some of the
pictures. Holiday greetings to all from freezing Korea, Sincerely, George

Dr. George Furst
Visiting  Professor and Head Communication Advisor
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences Bld N4, Rm 1317
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
373-1 Guseong-Dong, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon 305-701
Republic of Korea (South Korea)

Tel: (82)+42-350-4637
Fax: (82)+42-350-2380
Hand Phone 010-3480-5436