[LRflex] Kamloops sundance

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:23:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello listers;
I lived in Kamloops, BC for about 20 years. For about 10 of those, i had ready
access to the kamloops grassland, nearly in the middle of the city. I used to
walk my dogs there twice a day and I always had a camera with me.
On this June  morning, the angle of the Sun was right -it isn't most of the
time- and the sun was peeking in and out of the clouds. I had my R6 and 90mm
elmarit mounted on a tripod and I waited. For a very few seconds, the sun
peeked out and danced on the grassland. I took the shot, naturally, but so
fleeting was the moment that I got just one frame. That's it ! One frame. Then,
the sun hopped back behind the clouds and the day resumed its dreary state
without any more of the magic that it had just revealed. Of course, the day was
probably full of magic but i failed to pick up on it.
HCB's "decisive moment" applies to more than the ebb and flow of urban life.
Nature has her decisive moments and they are brief.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DAVID+SIMMS/kamloops/sundance2.jpg.html

David Simms, Clearwater, BC