[LRflex] Re: Jay

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Axel Collier" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:48:22 -0700

In a message dated 28/04/2011, Axel Collier said ...

> David
> I gave it a try with nx2 and photoshop
> just beginning to discover this software myself, so ...
> no big art but just to give you an idea ...
> (hope you don't mind)
> greetings, Axel

https://picasaweb.google.com/Axelred0/28Apr2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCPSj17bSqKKMgAE#5600669375159949218
 or

https://picasaweb.google.com/Axelred0/28Apr201102?authkey=Gv1sRgCNybs_Go19KTUg#5600674769753005794

G'Mornin' Axel!

No to worry... I don't mind, at all.

However, in both your tries, you have the grey branch that I got.  Yes, it
tones down the image, but does not look at all like the real thing.
That's why, when I got that "grey look" I brought up the contrast, to make
it look more like the original.  This resulted in a branch with still blown
highlights, but not so bad as in the first efforts... or at least, so I
thought.

See: http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Jay-3.html

compared to the first efforts...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Jay-2.html

As always, all input is appreciated, for it's how we all learn.

cheers!
--
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, CANADA