[LRflex] Re: It's here

  • From: Neil <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 12:23:36 -0400

We have all been wishing for a proper digital body for our R lenses, but a decade late and, based on its feature set, quite overpriced, the new SL is truly perplexing.

I'm really wrestling with a dilemma; my wife and I are going to the Galapagos next year, and I'm trying to decide which (if any) camera to take. I'm not opposed to selling everything and getting a new digital, but after owning a few, I see many of them as fragile products with diminishing value and very limited lifespans. On the other hand, shooting film has gotten pretty restrictive in terms of selection and development options. This is frustrating enough that I may leave it all at home and just enjoy the scenery in real time.

best regards,

Neil