[LRflex] Re: It's here

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 22:01:44 +0200

A field report: http://www.getdpi.com/wp/

Looks gigantic. I don't think it is a Sony rebadge. Nothing about it
looks Sony except the grip and eyepiece cowl

PIX here:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7448206943/a-lot-to-leica-hands-on-with-the-leica-sl-typ-601

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Nice article. Three disappointments.

I wish the image stabilization was in camera so you could have IS
available for R lenses.

I wish it had gone with a 32-36mp sensor for that price.

It seems like it might be fairly large and bulky. My interest lately in
mirrorless has been driven by my desire to travel lighter than my Nikon
D750 and lenses. Getting too old to cart them miles and miles.

Excited about the EVF. I found the one on the Q to be almost
acceptable. Best EVF I had seen to date was on the Fuji XT1. Way better
than Sony. A good viewfinder is a must have if and when I decide to go
mirrorless.

Hope it is a success. Too late for many who were wanting the R-10 Diesel
in a reasonable time frame.

Aram Langhans

(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

*“The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin
himself would ever have dared dream.” James D. Watson*