[LRflex] Re: Is elmarit-R 35mm 1st version really that bad?

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:40:54 +0100

Sorry, Miha,

none today - seems like it never got bright at all - I won't forget though, I'm interested to see the difference too. And, just for fun, I'll run a few shots off a Rollei 2.8/35 mm as a comparison at the same time.

Cheers
Douglas

Miha Golobic wrote:
Thank you guys for contributing!
Xavier and Chris, yes I know about the summicron-R. Great lens but three times the price of the elmarit-R. BTW, I have an Oly XA with 2.8/35mm lens and real rangefinder. Also found recently at the bottom of my photo bag ;-) Douglas from Hannover, I`m not confusing you with Doug - The Birdman of Sacramento. Since I`ve joined of this forum, only a dozen or so members are active, so It`s easy to follow :-( And I`m looking forward to seeing some test shots of yours. Best regards,
Miha

2008/12/16 <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    >Chris L wrote:
    >
    >>BTW: Having both the 35mm Elmarit version 2 and the Summicron
    version 2, I can describe their subjective differences as follows:

    Oh duh!  You already wrote it's the second version.

    Doug Herr
    Birdman of Sacramento
    http://www.wildlightphoto.com <http://www.wildlightphoto.com/>