[LRflex] Re: Iona and Mercy...

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 19:49:29 +0100

Just do it !
;-)
Phxyz

Ted Grant wrote:

Steve Barbour showed:

Subject: [LRflex] Iona and Mercy...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/ionamercy.jpg.html

Hi Steve,

Very nice use of the light and the moment.

However I'm going to offer words of "photo blasphemy!!! J May I be forgiven for this moment of transgression!

Use the adjusting magic of image quality for photo improvement!! .... "Photoshop!" There I said it!!! And burn/clone in the big white area upper left corner!!! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh now I've done it.... " a manipulation of a documentary photo!! Oh may I rot in the bowels of planet Earth for even suggesting it. L

However, look at it this way..... This move isn't any different than cutting a piece of card the same size as the bright square and burning it to match the black area around it...... purely a darkroom action! Not to be construed as a Photoshop magic moment of manipulation!

See how easy one can get around the whiners against Photoshop and fiddling! J If you can do it in the wet darkroom that makes it Photoshop legitimate!!! J

ted