[LRflex] Re: Iona and Mercy...

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 11:33:29 -0700

Steve Barbour showed:

Subject: [LRflex] Iona and Mercy...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/ionamercy.jpg.html

Hi Steve,

Very nice use of the light and the moment.

However I'm going to offer words of "photo blasphemy!!! :-) May I be
forgiven for this moment of transgression!

Use the adjusting magic of image quality for photo improvement!!  ..
"Photoshop!"   There I said it!!!  And burn/clone in the big white area
upper left corner!!! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh now I've done it.. " a manipulation
of a documentary photo!! Oh may I rot in the bowels of planet Earth for even
suggesting it. :-(

However, look at it this way... This move isn't any different than cutting a
piece of card the same size as the bright square and burning it to match the
black area around it.. purely a darkroom action!   Not to be construed as a
Photoshop magic moment of manipulation!

See how easy one can get around the whiners against Photoshop and fiddling!
:-) If you can do it in the wet darkroom that makes it Photoshop
legitimate!!! :-)

ted