[LRFlex] Introductions/Richie

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:55:41 +0200

Hello and welcome Richie,
Being there is one part of it, having the equipment is another, and
being able to "see" a prospective image yet another.

Don't be awed by other peoples' shots, learn from them and ask yourself
"Why can't I do that?". I agree, Doug Herr
is an absolutely brilliant bird photographer, and that some of his work
is "awe-inspiring". Leave the awe out of it and just let yourself be
inspired,
and don't let yourself be scared out of trying the same kind of stuff
with your own style.
Someone once said that plagiarism is one of the highest compliments that
can be paid to an artist (or somethingvery  similar), so don't hold back.

I ,personally, will try virtually anything as a subject matter and only
when I have first proved to myself that I can't get anywhere near to
what any other photographer I admire has done (is doing) without losing
my own photographic "signature", then I might just start thinking
about giving up on that subject and try something else.
Good luck and good images to you
Douglas

Muhammad Chishty schrieb:

I am in awe when I visit
Doug Herr's website and look at his photographs of
birds.  I know I can never be a wildlife photographer!

I think I should stop now!

Regards,

Richie Chishty