[LRFlex] Re: Introduction, Tamron

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:48:19 +0000

Welcome Cheng

We are a few to use the Tamron -Bronica Lens. They are not as bad as they look, one or two stop less, a SP lens is all right. Color rendition might be a little backward but for non critical subject, it's all right.
Before I got the SLR Leica, I used a Pentax and a 24mm Tamron (bought in Lahore bazaar...), it was all right except for the flare.

Welcome in.
Xavier.

From: "Wu, Cheng (DPS/MSP)" <Cheng.Wu@xxxxxx>
To: "'LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx '" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Introduction
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:24:27 -0300

Well, well, well, I have been a good listener for quite a while, I guess
this is my turn for the self-introduction:-)

I am 53 years old and working in the Information Technology industry, my
relation with Leica started back in 1965, my dad let me learn to take
pictures using his IIIb, I love the camera, joined the photo club in the
high school in order to learn and digged into theory of light in physics
before the school taught it. However, that was almost end of my relation
with Leica, (could not afford the Leica gear), I've been using manual focus
SLRs since 1970, and developed my addiction to TAMRON Adaptall 2
lenses,until 1998 I bought an APS camera for my son's birthday (hoped he
will learn photography), and the simplicity of APS hooked me, I started
using APS SLR for 5 years, last year, after discovered Doug Herr's website
and found out the used Leica R gear probably is best deal on Leica, I got a
good deal on a R3 on the auction site, with the aid of Leica R Tamron
adapter, I shot one roll with it, it was a disaster, the seals are gone,
especially the film window, so all pictures has severe light leak, I
replaced the seal myself (thanks to the big auction site and a few other
groups), I joined the group in June and received quite a few excellent
advices on lenses, when I was in Toronto last fall, I got myself a 50
Summicron and going back to use my feet to do the zooming, it was a lot of
fun, my interest in photography is almost anything, I always have at least
one camera with me no matter where I go, I guess I need to develop my eyes
for the subject I am photographing, I also learned a lot from this group by
reading pictures other posted and learn from it. Hopefully I will be able to
post my pictures.

Cheng in Fredericton, NB Canada
    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm