[LRFlex] Re: Interesting study of an Agent's document.

  • From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:53:12 -0700

Xavier - do you know which Olympus model? Are they available yet? I'm always
checking http://www.dpreview.com/ to see if there is anything new on the
Leica digital front. Also, you mentioned a 5MP format with the Olympus.
Leica's is supposed to be 11MP, right?

I, too, wonder if the R digital back will be optimum for the existing
lenses. I have quite an investment in R equipment, but could pretty well set
up a whole new digital system for the $5000+ Leica is aiming at as a market
price, just for the back.

Also, I can't find an "buzz" anywhere on the new R back. Are there testers
out there? Is Leica on schedule with the product? With Photokina only weeks
away, I would think some kind of announcements would be out by now.

I've been in the digital "hybrid" mode for a long time now, capturing on
film, then using the Imacon Flextight film scanner for high quality digital
to put into the Photoshop workflow. I'm getting anxious to start capturing
digital with the camera and seriously wondering whether to stay with Leica.
Anybody else getting antsy?

BTW, Xavier - you didn't sound OT at all! We need to know now if Leica plans
on staying five years behind the digital curve like they did with SLRs over
30 years ago.

Gary Todoroff
Datamaster Designs
1824 County Ln