[LRflex] Interesting place in New Mexico

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lug" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Leica Reflex" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:54:57 -0800

Bisti Badlands is just that.  A badlands.  Very interesting place that I will
never get to see again.  We pulled into the lot on BLM land with the intention
of spending the night in our little RV, and the wife said, in no uncertain
terms, NO WAY.  So I was able to convince her to walk around a bit.  All the
interesting formations are a ways up the wash.  We walked around for about an
hour before she had had enough and we left for less desolate places.  I only
discovered this one location, but if you are ever in the neighborhood of
Farmington NM, you have to give it a try.

View them large:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f14/d/nm/Bisti-2087.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f14/d/nm/Bisti-2084.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f14/d/nm/Bisti-2083.jpg.html

And a blend of photos for more depth of field:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f14/d/nm/Bisti-2078-Edit.jpg.html

There are many, many more interesting formations in this area.  Requires a fair
amount of easy walking.   GPS coordinates are available for many of them.  If
you get there, share your photos as I will not get to photograph them again.

Comments welcome.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson