[LRFlex] Re: Infinity focus problem Macro Elmar R

  • From: nhcharch@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Noel Charchuk)
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:53:25 -0400

Thanks for the tip Aram, it was working fine up until this past weekend. I did
have a ding on the filter ring show up, I think a tripod may have hit it in the
trunk on the last trip. I will look for set screws,  fixed a Tamron 90, it
required taking off the rubber focus grip to find them.
Noel C

"Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>ring and the ring had slipped a bit.  I just focused on an object that was a
>measured 6 feet away, and then loosened the ring and turned it so it read 6
>feet.  I tightened them up, then focused on something at infinity to check.
>I think I had to fine tune it a bit, but it worked just fine after that.  I
>knew that the camera body was adjusted fine, as all other lenses worked just
>fine focusing to infinity.
>
>I looked at my Leica lenses and I only see some set screws in my 90/2.8
>lens.  It is of the same vintage as the 100/4, so maybe it has set screws
>that will allow you to ajust the focus ring.  If not I guess the repair shop
>is in its future.
>
>Aram
>

>>From: nhcharch@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Noel Charchuk)
>>To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Infinity focus problem Macro Elmar R
>>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:27:12 -0400
>>
>>Doug the lens is the 100 Macro Elmar. It used to focus to infinity, now it
>>doesn't. The travel seems correct from stop to stop, but it just doesn't
>>line up in the microprism.
>>Other lenses focus on the body OK, and the suspect lens does the same thing
>>on another R body.
>>And, I don't have the doubler mounted, before someone asks!  ; )
>>
>>I suspect a trip to the repair shop is in order, unfortunately. As the lens
>>works for near focus, and it is wildflower season, and I have a 90 and 135
>>R lens, that may have to wait until the leaves fall, as I want to use it
>>for macro work on mountain flowers.
>>
>>Noel
>>Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>My
>>correct.

>>do

>> >I presume you've checked the camera's ability to focus to infinity, using
>> >another lens?  If this is the 60mm Macro and the camera body checks out
>>OK,
>> >it may be that it needs a new focussing helix.  I've had to repair my 60
>> >macro when the focussing ring 'slipped', as though some connection
>>between
>> >the ring and the helix broke.
>> >
>> >Doug Herr
>> >Birdman of Sacramento
>> >http://www.wildlightphoto.com
>> >

>> >------
>> >Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:
>> >    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm
>> >Archives are at:
>> >    www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex/

>>Introducing the New Netscape Internet Service.
>>Only $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register
>>
>>Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
>>
>>New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer
>>Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.
>>Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp
>>------
>>Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:

Switch to the New Netscape Internet Service.