[LRflex] IMPORTANT: Re: DMR Support

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:37:47 -0800

All:

As you all know, it has been reported that Stephen Gandy (of
CameraQuest fame) reported on one of the other lists that Leica is
soon to withdraw support for the DMR.

I have, within the last few minutes, spoken with Christian
Erhardt,  Marketing Manager with Leica USA.  He tells me:

[1] That Leica has no plans to withdraw support from the DMR.

[2] The DMR remains available and will continue to do so.

[3] Parts and service will continue to be available for the DMR, as
with all Leica products.

[4] v1.3 of the DMR's firmware is still "in the works".  There have
been delays, and Leica USA do not have a firm date, at this time, for
it's introduction.  However, Imacon is "working very hard" to make
the release as bug-free as possible and it is "still in the works".

I have not talked to Stephen since Wetzlar, but I am assuming that he
noticed the delays in v1.3 and interpreted that as Leica giving up.
Such posts are unfortunate, as they cause panic in people when it is
not warranted.

Just thought you'd like to know.