[LRflex] Re: IMGs: Winter morning light and Ichy's closeup

  • From: George Lottermoser <imagist3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:14:10 -0600

On Dec 3, 2011, at 10:09 AM, Richard Ward wrote:

> I'm with David, nice low angle light shot that nicely plays with shapes and
> textures, but I don't see where it implies winter morning light. Like David,
> I like the portrait of Ichy, too. My question is: are those insanely
> expansive whiskers normal? Is their apparent width an artifact of how you
> shot the image? I havent been around cat's much, but our Lacey's whiskers
> arent that massive in cross section. :-)

Thanks for taking a look Richard.

My understanding of cat whiskers suggests that they grow in relationship to the
heft of the cat.
Apparently one of their main purposes is to determine whether they can "fit"
through one or another space.
So fat cat = long whiskers.
Slim cat = short whiskers.

Ichy = large (actually fat) cat