[LRflex] IMGs : Very Old Paint - and modern techniques

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liste leica reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:46:14 +0200

All,
I found it intersting to start from this

http://tinyurl.com/3g72wl
(natural light handheld and no postproduction or so little)

and use the sliders to try and restore the colours the painter might have painted.
http://tinyurl.com/3g72wl

I'm no artist, but these are vanishing traces nobody seems either willing or able to cure and preserve for future generations - lack of funding, of expertise, of interest, some many good reasons for the past to disappear altogether. Here, I think, as in Tina's Iran shot, is yet another role for photograhers to play.

Opinions, comments and advice most welcome as usual.
Phx