[LRflex] Re: IMGs: New Metal Work by Dan Nauman with M (240) and various R lenses

  • From: George Lottermoser <george.imagist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:52:48 -0500

On Aug 1, 2014, at 3:24 PM, David Young wrote:

> Hi George.  Mine is a calibrated monitor, so should (operative word, here, is
> "should".) be good.
>
> I make a screen shot of your 11 small images and sent them to Bill, via
> private
> mail, as he said your images looked good on his screens.   He tells me that
> the
> screen shot also looks good on his monitors.
>
> On mine, they still vary widely, so I'm going to have to find out what's up
> with my monitor.  Sorry, if I maligned your images.  :-(

Oh not to worry, you didn't malign my images a bit David.
You correctly identified a fact - they do vary.

In fact I can adjust the angle at which I view my own 17" MacBook Pro monitor
and thereby exaggerate their "visual" variations considerably.
Though when normalize my angle of view I also reduce the apparent variations.
What matters most to me - is the numbers read by the digital densitometer -
and, of course, how they print;
rather than the angle at which I view my monitor.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog