[LRflex] Re: IMGs: Joy returned on Tuesday

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:50:27 -0700

Glad the joy has returned.  May it stay with you.  After I had surgery for
removal of wisdom teeth, I, too, felt the way you did.  I had a rather bad
reaction to the anesthetic and was throwing up for 6 hours after the
surgery.  I was finally put on a variety of antidepressants with various
adverse reactions until one was found that seemed to like me better.  I
don't think they ever got rid of the feeling of emptiness and lack of joy.
For one full year I felt that way, then one day my wife suggested we take a
trip to Leavenworth to see the  mountain scenery and enjoy the town, a think
I use to love to do.  The day before the trip, late in the afternoon, my new
computer arrived.  A nice, hot, 286 machine (that's how long ago this was).
She asked if I wanted to delay the trip and play on my new machine and I
said no, lets go.  I woke up to go the next morning and as if my magic, I
was my old self again.  All the dullness was gone.  Every breath felt good
and I was excited again.  It was as you said, I felt joy again.  A switch
had been returned to normal.  Not sure why or how, but glad.  Was it the
anesthetic?  Was it facing my mortality for the first time?  Was it waking
up from surgery and seeing a former student as my nurse?  Who knows.  On my
knee surgery a few years ago they did not use the same anesthetic and they
pumped me full of anti-nausea drugs before, during and after the surgery,
and I did not have any adverse reactions.

Welcome back.

Aram