[LRflex] Re: IMGs: Friday: snapping dragons with the 15

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:55:24 +0200

re R3: I very much like my R3 Mot (thank you Philippe, it's been 4 years
already and the camera is still going strong!).

It certainly feels better made than my R4 mod 2. One nice feature of the R3
is the short shutter lag:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minolta_XE-1  and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutter_lag  It feels as responsive as my
Leicaflex SL!

Some other things I like about my R3 Mot are the smooth film advance lever,
good mirror dampening system and - very subjective - the sound of the
shutter and the winder is much nicer compared to the R4 shutter and its
dedicated MD.

Regards,
Miha